Menu
Charstp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delete my email account

I’d like to delete my NTLWORLD email account.  It is no longer used and I am receiving letters saying it is being used to send spam emails. 

I have tried to call virgin to request this but am on hold for ages due to the closure of call centres. 

this is a secondary email on the main account, as the main account holder is my parent. 

please can someone from virgin get in touch with me to advise how to close my email account down for good. 

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete my email account

Your parent, as the main account holder, can delete the account by signing into their My Virgin Media account with the primary username and password.  Select My Profile, Manage Accounts and delete the secondary account concerned vie the edit/change option.

Virginmedia would require authorisation from the account holder for them to delete it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Charstp
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham. Would that fully close and delete the email account itself though? This is currently sending spam and phishing emails so I want it fully closed down! 
thanks 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, it should do.  Occasionally it fails and the VM IT team have to intervene.

Deleting the account would not stop the address being spoofed by a spammer.  If it is a case of spoofing there is little you can do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos