Menu
thenuns
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delete my Virginmedia email completely

Hi, I am and wish to remain a VirginMedia customer. However i have no need for my email account. Its nothing but spam anyway!

Can someone tell me how to completely delete my VirginMedia email account please

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/acbbf97f8ef2fa2d1467f50f81de21c3521b31b9
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete my Virginmedia email completely

That depends on whether the email address concerned is set as your primary username for accessing your online account to view bills etc.

If it is then it cannot be deleted, however, if you stop checking the email account the mailbox will eventually be deleted and the email address will continue just as your login route.

If you have a separate primary account then the VM address should be able to be deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thenuns
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I swapped my access email for myVirginmedia ages ago.
I'm really not prepared to stop checking my virginmedia email and wait till it deletes. Its absolutely full of spam and last time VM email was hacked VM gave away my contacts. So everyone else gets spam directed thorough my VM email too. I've had to ask friends and family to ignore/delete any emails they get from me from my VM email

I just want it deleted
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/acbbf97f8ef2fa2d1467f50f81de21c3521b31b9
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@thenuns wrote:
No I swapped my access email for myVirginmedia ages ago.
I'm really not prepared to stop checking my virginmedia email and wait till it deletes. Its absolutely full of spam and last time VM email was hacked VM gave away my contacts. So everyone else gets spam directed thorough my VM email too. I've had to ask friends and family to ignore/delete any emails they get from me from my VM email

I just want it deleted

If it isn't your primary username then the Forum Team should be able to arrange for it to be deleted.  They will contact you via this forum in the next day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thenuns,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community I am sorry you are getting loads of spam in you inbox, I appreciate you have changed which email you use to sign in with and which one we contact you on, if this is the original one we gave you the primary one we will be unable to delete it.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos