cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete my Ntlworld email account

mcsweeneys1972
Joining in

Hi

i would like to delete my Ntlworld email account, I am not a virgin media customer 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mcsweeneys1972  The deletion should have happened 90 days after you stopped being a VM broadband customer. Sometimes accounts get missed.

The VM Forum Team should be able to get this done for you when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mcsweeneys1972  The deletion should have happened 90 days after you stopped being a VM broadband customer. Sometimes accounts get missed.

The VM Forum Team should be able to get this done for you when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for advising Graham, it will be sad closing down the email account as I’ve had it 20+ years, but it’s a target for junk mail etc. and like you say it should have been deleted 90 days after my account shut and that was over 10 years ago. 

Hi Mcsweeneys1972, welcome to the community! 

Thank you for posting to bring this to our attention.

I will send you a PM to take a few details so we can investigate further and help get this resolved for you. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hello @mcsweeneys1972,

Thanks for confirming your details to us.

I am glad we have something in place now to resolve this, I look forward to your update.

Take care for now! Speak soon.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi - I have a similar problem with a very old account - I cannot change the password and it was previously my recovery address for other accounts.

Can someone help me delete the account ? It's been gone for 5 years!

Good luck, after everything, my account is still active

Hi there @wotasillybilly 

We are so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue as well with your email and thank you for your post!

Can I ask if you have an active broadband account with us? 

@mcsweeneys1972 I am so sorry to hear that you are still facing this issue with your email, I'd be happy to take a look into this with you via a PM. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

@Ashleigh_C - no - my account closed around 5 years ago. The emails still come through but I can't change my password or delete the account and now I've been notified the password has been breached. I'd just like to delete the email account fully

Still no response on this and whoever has hacked my account is now sending spam. Please delete this account!