Menu
juliet_whitmore
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Delete hacked ntlword email account

Hi,

My old ntlword A/c has been hacked for the 2nd time in two months! Therefore I'd like to delete it

This email address is only used for virgin media billing, so I have created a new virginmedia.com email A/c and have updated both my profile & account with the new email address.

Reading previous posts I need someone at Virgin Media to help me do this?

Please can someone contact me to assist when convenient?

TIA Juliet

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delete hacked ntlword email account

Thanks for getting in touch with us juliet_whitmore, I can certainly get this done for you but would need for you to pass account security via a private message.

I will pop a PM over to you now and we can get the process started.

Regards

Steven_L

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L and juliet_whitmore.

I am curious how this thread was resolved on two main points

1. I have read in the forum that juliet_whitmore's action of creating a new virginmedia email address and using it for the account username is not recommended.  (i.e. one should use a non-VM address.)  Is my reading of past threads in the forum mistaken?
  2. The community always advises that the primary email address cannot be deleted, because that is the way the whole account system is designed.  Perhaps juliet_whitmore was not requesting deletion of the primary address, but it sounds like it to me.

I think this should be clarified so that future visitors to the forum don't get their hopes up.  Clarification won't stop them asking - but i like to tie up loose ends where possible.  Thanks for your time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
juliet_whitmore
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick resolution Steven 😊👍

juliet_whitmore
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

just to clarify, my old ntlworld email address kept being hacked & used to send spam.

i made a new virgin media.com email account & Steven_L did his magic behind the scenes to make the new email my primary A/c email & delete the original one.

best regards Juliet

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad this is sorted for you now juliet_whitmore 🙂

Have a great day and happy friday!!

Thanks

Steven_L

Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MissPasko 

1. It generally is best to use either the primary email account or a non-VM address to prevent confusion. However, it is still possible to use one of the email sub-accounts as the MyVM login.
  2. A primary can't be deleted as in permanently removed, in cases where it has been 'deleted' in the past it would still exist on the account but show a 'terminated' status. Obviously the MyVM 'primary' login can be replaced by another address, which is how I read the outcome. Steven found a suitable fix within the confines of the existing system. 
Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules