Menu
Wynford
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delete email

An old email address has been hijacked by a spammer. It is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

I want to delete it, as I use another address. I have tried and failed. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delete email

You shouldn't have published the email address on a public forum.  That will only increase the amount of spam the account receives.

If this is a secondary account on your primary VM account you can delete it yourself via My Virgin Media,My Profile, Manage Accounts.

Otherwise wait for the Forum Team to reach this thread after 8pm tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wynford

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the email issues. Have you managed to get the email deleted? If not and it's a secondary email as Graham_A has stated, i can help assist with this.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Wynford
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John for your offer of help. I have been unable to resolve this problem, despite many attempts.

I have a secondary ntl.com email address that I have never used. It has been accessed and is repeatedly being used for spam. I receive communications from VM, which temporarily suspends the email account, but then it all starts up again. I want either to delete it or at least be able to change the password. I have not been able to do either. The only password I can change is for the email address I use for the account. The previous advice I received was to go to manage accounts. But there is no option there to delete the ntl.com email address (which I do not want) or to change its password. I have accessed the ntl inbox but there are no options there either. I am at my wits' end with this problem as I do not want to be the apparent source of mass spamming.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wynford,

Thanks for coming back to us, as long as the email you need deleting isn't the primary one we can do this, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can get more details, I will send the invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.