Menu
Kevin_B1
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Delete email address

We used to have an account with you, closed a couple of years ago. Was told that that email address would stop working when the account was closed.

it still works on an iPad, every day a mass of phishing emails, mailer daemons, Instagram sign up attempts. It’s obviously been compromised.

Can it be deleted? I cannot log into my account as it no longer exists.

0 Kudos
Kevin_B1
Joining in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orphaned old email address

Deleted 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete email address

Hi there @Kevin_B1

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry to understand that your email address still seems to be active after leaving us. 

When leaving us, email addresses associated with the disconnected account are usually deleted within 90 days of the account closing. However, if the email is still in use then it can miss the purge and remain active - it sounds like as it was still working on the iPad and still receiving emails it missed the usual purge; I am sorry. 

We can indeed ensure that the email address is deleted and removed for you Kevin_B1; this usually takes around 5 working days. I'll need to pop you a Private Message to take some information from you and we'll go from there. Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kevin_B1
Joining in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I’ve responded to your message

thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that @Kevin_B1

I can confirm that as the account has been closed, I have manually requested via IT to fully close and delete the email address provided. This has been done under reference number P010332106. 

We do advise that these can take around 5 working days to fully delete but I have had replies within around 30minutes today so fingers crossed this is done sooner rather than later for you. I;ll pop a reply back to this thread once confirmed

Thanks!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Kevin_B1

I have had it confirmed that the email address you provided has now been removed and mailbox fully deleted - we are sorry it was initially missed. 

Hope you have a happy new year; stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kevin_B1
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie - have a peaceful New Year

0 Kudos
Kevin_B1
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

At 704 this morning an email appeared on the iPad. If the address and mailbox at virgin have been deleted, how can this happen?

0 Kudos
Kevin_B1
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Definitely hasn’t  worked emails are still arriving on my iPad.

could someone please look at this again and do it properly this time?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Kevin_B1

I can confirm that the email mailbox and totally been purged and deleted - there is no evidence of the email on our systems any longer. Also, if you check the email address on a mail tester site, it is showing as not a valid or active email. 

The email address no longer exists. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos