Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delete email address

I need to delete an old ntl email address. I was unable to do this because it was my main contact email on my virgin media account. I called support and was told to change my main email address which I have now done. But the link to delete email addresses from my account does not work. I need to get this done with some urgency as I am receiving malicious spam emails on this account. Can someone help please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel email account

I need to close my email account. How can I do this please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete email address

Hi andylink,

I have a few questions/assumptions that will assist the Forum Team (VM employees) when they reach this thread.

• I assume you are a VM broadband customer.
  • Did the ntlworld address used to be your username for logging in to the VM billing account?
  • Is the new username you selected a NON-virginmedia email address? (nor ntlworld, blueyonder, virgin.net)
  • Does the address you want to delete show on the my profile page or manage accounts tab?

Basically - you can't delete the primary email address until 90 days after ceasing service with virgin broadband, but you can take control of it.  You can't stop spam and malicious email if the address is on lists, but you can clear out and stop using the address, then ignore it.

Review all the settings in webmail, and delete all the contents - emails and contacts.  Delete it from any email client and ignore it for 150 days it is supposed to go dormant.

I hope this helps, let us know if you require assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Thank you for your response. 
I don’t have Virgin broadband, just TV with a Vio box. 
Yes the ntlworld email address used to be the primary address on the account but I have now changed it for a gmail address. 
Yes the ntl world address still shows in “my profile” I can’t find a way to delete or change it. Is it not possible just to delete the whole account?

Thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi andylink, 

Thank you for getting in touch 🙂

I can definitely help you with this but I will just need to send you a private message to grab a few more details. 

This message will drop in to the purple envelope on the top right of the page.

Speak soon 

Nat