Menu
charles45
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delete email account

How can I delete a non-working Virgin Media email account?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete email account

Hi there @charles45

Welcome back to our Community - your question would depend on a few different factors. 

Are you still an active customer or is the email linked to an active account? (If so, is it a primary or secondary email address?)

If it is linked to an active account and if it's a secondary email address, you can delete this from within your online account. 

If it's your primary email address and the account is active, this cannot be deleted

Is the email no longer linked to an active account? 

If this is the case, the email us usually deleted and purged around 90 days after the account has fully closed. If it has passed the 90 days, we can look to manually get this removed for you. 

Also - you advise it's not working. Is this due to a fault or simply not using it any longer? If it's a fault, do you need assistance in getting it working again? 

Do pop back when you can with more info and we'll do what we can to help

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
charles45
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie.

As far as I know, this email account [MOD EDIT: Removed] is not an address that I can use to access my account. It has not worked since about June/July last year. Because of my hearing problems, & the foreign accents that I have trouble decyphering, I have not reported it & have moved on to another email address.

I am still a Virgin Media customer. I do not know how to delete this email address.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @charles45 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information and then we are able to look further into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos