Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Delete an email address

Hi.

I am trying to delete an email account associated with my virgin profile as my son now needs to manage this independently. When I go through the process via my profile, I keep getting the response that the page is 'broken'? Any help to solve this greatly appreciated as my son needs to set himself up in a new flat!

Thanks

Doug

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delete an email address

Hello

Be aware that once an email address is deleted then it cannot be used again he would not be able to recreate the email address, once deleted it is gone permanently.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for quick response - I certainly don't want Samuel (my son) to lose the gmail account which is currently taking up one of the email accounts associated with my profile (max 9). He's now long flown the nest and uses his gmail box as his primary account - and so understandably doesn't want it tied to my Virgin profile.

I had assumed that I could just 'remove' it from my profile - surely it won't be deleted for ever? If this is the case, that's certainly not the outcome we want!

Thanks for your help

Doug

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - although this is flagged as answered, I'm not sure it is - grateful for follow-up with IT team please.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Dont worry about how it is flagged I have escalated to the VM forum team who will come back on this thread.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi bikeownerus,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, in regards to the email which needs deleting is it the primary email if it so is the account still active?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@bikeownerus wrote:

… I certainly don't want Samuel (my son) to lose the gmail account which is currently taking up one of the email accounts associated with my profile (max 9). …

FYI: Google stopped providing an email service to ISP in 2015 and Virgin Media chose to migrate customer email account over to their own email service (Virgin Media Mail).

Your son should look for an email service provider not linked to use of of another service (like broadband) and migrate his email needs away from Virgin Media Mail over the coming months.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi - it's the [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] address which I'm just looking to disassociate from my virgin account - Samuel uses this as his primary email so I definitely don't want him to lose it altogether. Is that all do-able, if there's any doubt please leave as is for now!

Thanks

Doug

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Edit your last post, by selecting Post options > Edit Reply, and redact your son's email address; have flagged to moderators in case you are offline or miss the 30 minute edit window.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apologies - thank you for edit!

Doug

0 Kudos