Menu
Jayuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delete alias email

Hi

can somebody help regarding deleting alias email account from blueyonder account 

thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete alias email

Before you pursue this request, which it may be possible to action at VM's end I advise you very strongly to consider what happened here and weigh the risks:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Getting-rid-of-email-aliases/td-p/4307177

Of course we don't know the full story here but the precautionary principle applies

The system for managing aliases was removed by VM in 2015 when the e-mail system was switched to an in-house one.  So the VM IT teams that might be able to delete it for you have a tricky job to do. 

My very strong advice to you is to leave the alias address alone. If there is a spam issue with it or something else is wrong let us know and we will advise your best course of action. 

I would not normally give advice like this but you really don't want to go down the route you have chosen. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete alias email

The forum team can remove blueyonder.co.uk email address aliases on request from the account holder and whilst this usual occurs without issue that may not always be the case, see Getting rid of email aliases. Should you still wish to proceed post then post back here.

An alternative to removing the alias email address would be to create a filter rule in webmail to redirect messages from your Inbox to your Spam or Trash.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos