Menu
darrincutting
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delete Blueyonder Email Account

I have an old blueyonder email account which is set as my account email. I would like to delete this as I don’t use it, it’s been hacked and is full of spam. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete Blueyonder Email Account

Hi darrincutting

First you should regain control of the email address/mailbox, so you can assess any damage done and rectify it.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked (also check the FILTER rules).

But from your description, it sounds as if it is the primary email address on the account, and therefore can't be deleted.  It is part of the single sign-on system.  The mailbox is supposed to go dormant after 150 days of non-use, but I haven't personally seen any evidence of this.

So all you can do is make sure you use a secure password for billing account access, and change it regularly.  After you are sure you have changed any other places that use the address, you can backup what you want from the mailbox, then empty the address of any data - emails and contacts, etc.  Turn off all filters and forwarding.  Then don't access it, don't think about it!

The Forum Team (VM employees) can confirm this by looking at your account set-up behind the scenes.  I have also noticed the VIPs say that blueyonder aliases can be deleted now, so perhaps that can reduce the amount of worry you have over hacking and spam?

Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI darrincutting,

Thanks for your post, I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having email issues. @MissPasko, was spot on with her advice. We can get this mailbox closed for you, so long as it it not the primary email to an active Virgin Media account. If it is a sub-account, you should be able to remove this mailbox from within the settings of the primary email account but also do make sure that you do not have any accounts or services that are dependent on this email as a username or log in credentials, because you may not be able to sign in or update those details once the mailbox has been removed.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
darrincutting
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. The email account I need deleted is my primary account unfortunately. Is there anyway this can’t just be replaced with another one which I use as my mail email address.

thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You do have the option of changing the username for your primary blueyonder account to a third party (non Virginmedia) email address that you already own.

You can do this via the My Virgin Media My Profile page.

Once completed you would then use the third party email address to sign into your VM account.  You can then ignore the blueyonder mailbox and it will eventually be suspended and subsequently deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos