Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deceased account - ntlworld email account closure outstanding 18 months

For 18 months, I've been trying to get an email account closed. It appears still live when I send a test message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deceased account - ntlworld email account closure outstanding 18 months

Hi there @JBrandon

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that the email address seems to still be active after the account was closed. All emails should be deleted and wiped after around 90 days of the account closing. 

I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some details from you and get this closed once and for all for you. Please look for the Purple Envelope in the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Message.

I have checked the email address in question and we can confirm that it is no longer in use. 

We have checked via numerous mailtester sites and all confirm that the email is no longer valid. The email is also not showing as active from our network. 

Hope that puts your mind at ease. 

Thank you. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie. In that case, shouldn't my test messages get bounced back? How will people know it's not in use?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @JBrandon

It can depend on the email client that you're using whether you'll get a notice back; I am sorry for any distress this may have caused you. Rest assured it is no longer valid. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos