cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

stevee303
On our wavelength

Thank you.

Virgin Media It is a shame that with the amount of money we are paying per month, we still have to suffer this silly things.

Please do something with this situation ASAP, demonstrate what type of service you want for your customers!

Kind regards

Marcelo

I'm receiving more than 6 of these utilities emails daily now, I've lost count.

It happened a few months ago, then there was a lull, now it has started up again. On that occasion Customer Service recommended I forward the emails to 

phishing@virginmedia.com

having pasted in the message source/routing info. It's tedious but you get an automated reply but I figured if they get bombarded with enough of them from us they may actually do something about it. As a (former) programmer one can see as you have there are enough common parameters amongst these emails to filter these emails into our spam folders or into oblivion before we see them.

I REALLY CAN'T SEE WHY IT'S TAKING VM SO LONG TO DO THIS. Appallingly poor service!! I'd like someone from the phishing dept to explain the problem to us.

pm

Have a look at posts 80, 81 and 82 in this thread where boothy99 has suggested and tested a filter based on Subject which may help. Add your own filtering words to suit.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

VM will not do anything I complained  last year and they said there was nothing they could do. I had to count for VM how many I had on the blacklist It was 161 and they said they had never heard of anyone having that many I eventually took a case to the Ombudsman and won compensation You are best to forward to report@phishing.gov.uk and forgetting about VM pathetic blacklist  It’s much more effective at stopping spam and phishing emails 

Please read what I’ve just said about where to forward them to

Alun135
Dialled in

With reference my previous posts 

When opening up the rules for filtering there is a drop down box I had not noticed

It reads "Apply rule if all conditions are met" 

Obviously not all the conditions are going to be met

So I have tried changing it to " Apply rule if any condition is met "

So going to give heat a go

First of all why we need to add rules? I have them and still they are not bulletproof.

why Virgin media does not take this as a company issue rather than a user issue? Is not really that difficult, if we can define rules, they can do the same...

roy247
Community elder

Maybe Virgin could outsource the email service to someone like google again, gmail seems to be able to spot a spam email. I forward my virgin email account to a gmail account and all these recent McAfee emails end up in the spam folder along with the bitcoin ones.

Actually that is a good idea, just FW the email and that do the trick?