Menu
louisk
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Customer support saying I should call TalkTalk RE @virgin.net email address

Hi there,

I need to reset my password for a @virgin.net email address. I called Virgin customer support who said I need to speak to TalkTalk customer support.

Can someone please advise as this doesn't sound correct.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer support saying I should call TalkTalk RE @virgin.net email address

Hello

Very sorry they have given you the incorrect information, VM still deal with that email address.

To be able to help VM will need some questions answered.

Are you still a VM broadband customer ?

If you are not then all VM will do is delete the email address as to have a VM email address you also need VM broadband these two post explain this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

If you are a customer is the email address linked to your broadband account you can check that at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is completely incorrect.

Assuming you have a Virgin Media broadband account then password changes are done via My Virgin Media account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you don't have a VM broadband account then the Virgin.net email address is orphaned and could be closed at anytime without notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
louisk
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The email account is not linked to a virgin media account, we don’t use broadband or any other services. 

All we want to do is reset the password, not have the account deleted!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately there is no other way to reset the password if the forgotten password route doesn't work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid VM do not do free email accounts the email address was originally tied to a  dial up account and normally would have been deleted 90 days after the end of the dial up service, some accounts hung around for a  lot longer. I am afraid that VM will not be able to help to reset the password on the email address as you are not entitled to use the email address without a VM broadband account.

Have a look at the T&C at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

Section D6 "Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos