cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service has reached a new low

Strummer1
Joining in

I've been unable to to reply or send emails using the Ntlworld outgoing server for about 4 weeks. I raised a complaint  and was promised a phone call within 48 hours. That never happened. About ten days later I received an email saying a ticket had been raised and I would be contacted within five days. I had a phone call 3 days ago from a very helpful agent asking for some clarification about the problem I was having. He said it was beyond his knowledge and he would escalate the problem to another team. True to his promise I had a phone call this afternoon and for the umpteenth time I explained what was or rather wasn't happening. To my utter amazement he tried to sell me Virgin's Gadget Rescue claiming that because Apple Mail is a third part app I would have to pay for the problem to be fixed. To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement. I politely explained my exasperation and terminated the call without any resolution. 

After over 20 years I've terminated my contract.

What on earth has happened to Customer Service? 

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Strummer1 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Can you please see if this thread here helps at all as there's customers here who have had similar issues who have been able to resolve app-based issues?

Many thanks

Tom_W