cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new, replying and forwarding e mails

IanR2
Joining in

hi ever since the e mail server issue last week I have noticed two problems,

1.  My wife has an alias on my account and I am now getting her e mails from facebook - which I am not a member of.

2. On my laptop I cant send / reply or forward any e mails using the blueyonder e mail  address through outlook, although outlook itself works fine. 

Any ideas please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me @IanR2.

I would advise attempting to remove the E-Mail account from the Outlook application, and then re-adding this to see if this then allows you to use all functions in relation to the account moving forward.

In relation to the E-Mail issue, I'd advise that an alias shares the same mailbox and memorable word as the parent email address.

Secondary accounts, which could also have aliases set up would have their own mailbox and memorable word again shared with any relevant alias.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @IanR2, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the E-Mail accounts.

Can you please confirm if the issues you've been experiencing are apparent when utilising the webmail service that we offer our customers?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi david, no webmail is fine its just when going through outlook. I still get my wife's facebook updates (to her) via webmail as well....

Thanks for coming back to me @IanR2.

I would advise attempting to remove the E-Mail account from the Outlook application, and then re-adding this to see if this then allows you to use all functions in relation to the account moving forward.

In relation to the E-Mail issue, I'd advise that an alias shares the same mailbox and memorable word as the parent email address.

Secondary accounts, which could also have aliases set up would have their own mailbox and memorable word again shared with any relevant alias.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, thanks for the tip.  First issue now resolved, what I don't understand is why all of a sudden (we've had the same mailbox set up and aliases for 25yrs plus without an issue) I am now seeing facebook messages  from my wifes "groups".

Thanks Ian 

Hi @IanR2 thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the notifications from Facebook, is there no link whatsoever to your email address?  Or should they be going to a secondary email address that's linked to your broadband account?

Regards

Lee_R

IanR2
Joining in

Hi Lee,

There is absolutely no link back to me for my e mail address, I do not have a facebook account.  My wife has secondary account via my e mail and she is the one registered with the facebook groups.

Only seemed to start after last week's e mail issues.  Its no great issues I'll just get her to switch off notifications - but I just dont like knowing why this is happening all of a sudden....

Thanks Ian    

I am sorry @IanR2 

I will feed this back to the relevant teams. I can only speculate, but like yourself, my speculation is linking it to the issues that have occurred in the past 10 or so days.

Regards

Lee

Thanks Lee.

@IanR2 if your wife does wish to continue receiving notifications, I believe Facebook will allow her to change/update the email address. I know that's not ideal, but it could give a quick resolution that could suit more than one requirement?

Regards

Lee