Menu
Philsp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Creating a DMARC Record

Some of my e-mails are now being rejected with "determined to be suspicious due to non-compliance with the SPF or DMARC policy". I have read the link I was directed to:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Sending-email-using-your-own-domain/td-p/3716147

but when it gets to the key point it just says:

"Adding a DMARC record can be done by creating a TXT record for _dmarc.<domain name> (note the underscore at the beginning)"

Creating a TXT record where and how? For an explanatory post this is unbelievably unhelpful - it seems to have been written purely for people who already know what to do 😞

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Creating a DMARC Record

are you trying to send using a virgin media email address or a third party address
0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Creating a DMARC Record

The post in question was written for those that have their own domain but wish to send through Virgin Media's servers.

If on the other hand your email is provided by a third party domain - (and a number of recent posts have been from users with addresses managed by TalkTalk such as OneTel and Pipex), then you need to review your SMTP settings instead and send using the appropriate servers for the domain in question.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos