cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Additional Email Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to create additional VM email addresses?

I've tried via My VM account but can only see an option to create additional accounts, which requires an invite being sent to an existing email address...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous Virgin Media removed the ability to create email accounts for existing and new customers in May 2022.

If you want a new email address you will need to use one of the other free email providers such as Gmail or MS Outlook.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous Virgin Media removed the ability to create email accounts for existing and new customers in May 2022.

If you want a new email address you will need to use one of the other free email providers such as Gmail or MS Outlook.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Graham. 

Hey @Anonymous, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry but has @Graham_A has mentioned, we don't provide email addresses anymore.
Bu you are more than welcome to make one on Outlook, iCloud, Gmail etc.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I've messed up

i wanted to create an additional email address on my account, and i didn't realise this was no longer possible

So i went to manage my account and clicked Create new account, and entered a new email address (the one i thought i was creating, xxxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com) 

clicked Send invite (which should have been a warning), then obviously nothing happened

so i did a google search and came across this thread and realised my error

the new email address doesn't come up my list of additional accounts

is there anything i can do?

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Impact  No there isn't anything you need to do.  As you have discovered it is no longer possible for anyone to create a new VM email address.

As the email address that the invitation was sent to doesn't exist no new account will be created as a result.

@Graham_A

Thanks, so does the fact nothing happened mean the email address doesn't exist?

Thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Impact wrote:

Thanks, so does the fact nothing happened mean the email address doesn't exist?

There is definitely no new email account created as a result of your actions.

That "Create new account" option is to create a new secondary  "My Virgin Media" account linked to your primary account. Being a secondary account holder does not give them access to the full suite of tools available to the primary account holder.

In theory,  there is a slight possibility  that at some point in the past another Virgin Media account holder might have created an email account with the address you tried to create and if that email address still exists, then your invite will have gone to them.

I would think that is pretty unlikely but there is a slight chance.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Impact,

Thanks for your post an welcome back to the coomunity.

As stated by @Graham_A above, we don't allow additional emails to MyVM accounts, to clarify are you now experiencing any issues signing into your main account?

REgards,

Kain

Hi

Thanks to everyone for their responses

No i'm not experiencing any issues, i was just concerned that i could have left my email account open to being compromised?

Thanks