Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't send mail on iOS and now can't reinstall deleted email account

Hi All,

I have been having issues sending emails from my virgin account using my iPhone for a few weeks. I could receive emails fine. As suggested by Virgin, I deleted my email account only to find out I can't reinstall it. It gives me errors of IMAP, not recognising password and not finding my account to be added. Now that I have deleted the account I can't obviously receive or send emails. I know that VM customer service leaves a lot to be desired and I don't really fancy having to wait on the phone for an hour. I have also heard that the customer service is not interested as long as the webmail works (which it does for me). Has anyone any good suggestions ? I can see this has been a recurring problem but for me deleting the account was a mistake as now I wont be able to receive mail on my mobile which will make life very complicated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Couldn't send mail on iOS and now can't reinstall deleted email account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Couldn't send mail on iOS and now can't reinstall deleted email account

Although a tempary measure and tedious, you should still be able to access the Virgin Media email service via your online VM account using a web browser on your iPhone. You'd have to log in, but it is still possible to access, read and or send mail using the online service.

https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/authorization.oauth2?scope=openid+web_myvm&response_type=code&redir...

0 Kudos