Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't send email

My Virgin media email was working fine on my android phone until a couple of hours ago when i was not able to send any mails. Keep getting orange dialogue box saying

Couldn't send email

There was a problem connecting to the server. Your email will be sent as soon as the connection is restored.

I am receiving emails but cannot send any.

Any help wil  be gratdfully recd.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Couldn't send email

What is your mail doing on your PC/laptop? Error messages or anything else to give us a clue? And, this is vital information when you try to send on your phone are you using, home wifi, or wifi outside the home, or phone mobile data and what phone network do you use. Need answers to this to help you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi HowardML,

I am able access and send emails as normal from my laptop. This issue only affects sending emails from my Samsung phone. I do not get any other error messages and can still receive emails but am not able to send, all sent emails are currently stacked in the outbox. I am currently outside the UK and have been using hotel wifi for the past 4 weeks with no problem. This issue only occurred yesterday. In the UK my network is with Vodafone.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I do wish you had been more forthcoming in your initial post. I might have been able to advise much better.

If you are using your hotel wifi you are sharing it with heaven knows how many others. I will bet a penny to a pound that one the devices of which you know nothing is sending spam because of  spam bot which has lead to the IP address of the wifi service being blacklisted by Spamhaus. If you then try to send mail from your phone via that IP address you will get blocked by VM. There is more technical detail that you might imagine. I'm not going into that. The solution is NOT to send via your Android app but to use VM web mail at mail2.virginmedia.com and things will be fine. That is because VM web mail is not subject to the same checks as mail sent by apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos