Menu
daedalus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Copies of Mails to 2 mail addresses

When I joined virgin many years ago I was given a mail address, also I was allowed to add a email address to to this address. I have just changed over these two addresses on my office 19 from POP3 to IMAP (all working under POP3). However, if a mail comes in for addr 1 a copy also goes to addr 2. also visa veras. If I recall the second email address was given a SMTP different port to number under POP3 from my mail addr1. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Copies of Mails to 2 mail addresses

I'm going to assume that you had a virgin.net, blueyonder.co.uk or ntlworld.com email address.

On the blueyonder addresses (and I think possibly nlworld.com and virgin.net addresses) the emails were assigned in the following way

3 maiboxes with 5 aliases each..

An alias is just another way of referring to the same mailbox..

So If I have mailbox 1 with two aliases joebloggs@blueyonder.co.uk an fredsmith@blueyonder.co.uk then mail sent to either address will be placed in mailbox 1

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
3_g
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Copies of Mails to 2 mail addresses

And to expand on what @ravenstar68 has said, if you have entered the same POP account twice within your mail programme, that will be why the emails are duplicated.

The bottom post on this page has a solution on how someone managed different identities (aliases) on Outlook 2016, so presumably something similar can be achieved on the newer version.

0 Kudos