cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting VM regards email

dodgey1
Tuning in

Hi

How do you navigate 150 when your query is email ? I.e. which buttons to press for problems with email . 

By the way Virgin are pressing my buttons regarding this email problem looks widespread but they as usual are dodging the issue it seems . I work for a company that supplies IT to Police/Fire/Ambulance etc services and if we don't fix in 4 hours we get big financial penalties , pity Virgin don't have the same .

On that note whose best to replace Virgin Broadband and phone , its getting that way now especially with the price going up and up .

Cheers

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dodgey1,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

Can you confirm what the exact issue is you're having with the email address. 

Are you able to sign into the email address?

^Martin

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dodgey1 wrote:

How do you navigate 150 when your query is email ? I.e. which buttons to press for problems with email . 

Follow the options to "tech help" and "broadband".  Email issues are covered by the same first line support staff that deal with general broadband issues.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

xviewer
On our wavelength

Ongoing email problems for over 2 weeks. I am a long-time customer who is now considering leaving Virgin but not confident about any of the ISP's out there. Perhaps things would be different if financial penalties were incurred.

Hi xviewer,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you're also having the email issue. 

Can you expand on the specific issue you're having?

^Martin

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@xviewer wrote:

Ongoing email problems for over 2 weeks. I am a long-time customer who is now considering leaving Virgin but not confident about any of the ISP's out there.

If you are looking for an ISP that offers an email service I think you are going to be disappointed.

The last one I was aware of was BT but, like VM, they stopped offering email accounts to nee customers  last year. See here for details of that https://www.ispreview.co.uk 2022/06/broadband-isp-bt-to-scrap-email-and-cloud-for-new-customers 

If you want to a new email account you could check these out https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Martin

I can webmail into my 3 VM accounts and get in via my phone using a mail app to all 3 accounts but if I try to get into it via my PC using Thunderbird program it says " password or setup not correct" . I've tried other mail programs and different PCs and still get above message . Not incorrect passwords otherwise wouldn't be able to get in via Webmail and configuration is the same as my phone . I use Thunderbird to organise my mail on my PCs but just cannot get in since the " Essential maintenance " a few weeks ago . Very poor show from Virgin I think .

Dodgey1

Apologies again for the email issues dodgey1, the team are still working on this to resolve all issues. 

Rob