cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting VM regarding another price increase

Boxmoor123
On our wavelength

Q1. Why is it that VM's Account webpage saying 'Contact Us' leads to a 'Ooops we can't find that page' message?

Q2. Are VM serious about increasing charges again?  Their pre-recorded message when I try to speak with them (another issue in itself) offers me a £9 reduction.  They obviously know they're taking the micky in increasing charges but as they're charging me some £70pm more than a new 'customer' when I've been with them since Telecential days (i.e. before NTL days). Each time I do manage to speak with them they do offer me a reduction but more needs to be done to regulate this industry (much the same as being introduced into the insurance industry).  Come on VM, reward loyalty.  Thank you for reading.

2 REPLIES 2

cwatty
Tuning in

Agree 100% with everything you said. I got the email today telling me they are hiking up their price £8.50 a month from 1st March. I can’t see what additional service or product I’m receiving to justify this increase. My package hasn’t changed for 10 years now. Yet somehow I’m now paying £140 a month soon to be £150 a month and for what?
I wouldn’t mind the increase if I was getting something tangible for it, such as a long overdue broadband speed increase or maybe getting the Ultra HD & HD Channels added to my existing TV and Sports Package, because in 2022 should we really still only be getting Standard Definition Content for the price we pay? especially for Sky Sports.
Sorry Virgin but having been a customer with you since the original days of Diamond Cable before they became NTL and then when they became Virgin Media, the time might have finally come to knock a lot of the services and packages on the head and shop around elsewhere for better deals. Again Customer Loyalty has no meaning these days as every new customer is given better deals and cheaper services then us longtime subscribers.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Boxmoor123,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the recently announced price rise.

Changing prices is never an easy decision, but as service usage has increased over the last 24 months we have to continuously re-invest in our network. Doing so permits more people to enjoy our services and meet the demand to continuously deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We're continuing to invest in our network which will help improve performance and reliability for all. 

In addition to this, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that's giving customers a free speed boost, upgrading their equipment or providing new content and channels, we’re committed to giving our customers more.

We have a great range of offers available to existing customers. If you would like to look at what we can do for you, please contact us on 150/ 03454541111 and a member of our team will be able to make sure we get you everything you need.

You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here: virg.in/VMcontact.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs