Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Confused?

Hi all.  

I am really confused as to why I can receive a scam email that includes an attachment but I can not forward it on to the 'internet security' department at my bank as they have requested because it contains an attachment containing a scam!  If I can be stopped from passing it on surely it should be stopped before getting to me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Confused?

You aren't the only one. VM have a strict policy of not allowing forwarding of mail that has been marked as spam. They have told us in most cases the address companies use so that phishing mail can be forwarded to them are unblocked but that doesn't always work. But you can be sure that your bank will already have been deluged by other customers forwarding phishing mail to them. So on this occasion you shouldn't fret too much. Spam filtering on inward and outbound mail are entirely separate operations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused?

Thank you, that has helped, I hadn't thought of the spam filtering as being in and out separately. The block was at VM's end not the banks. I got round it by deleting the attachment and just sent the actual email.