cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compose, Reply and Forward not working

HLsands14
Joining in

I have had recent issues with my account. I cannot seem to compose emails or access the Reply, Forward, or Move buttons. The Reply and Forward buttons have gone grey and I'm not sure what that means. 

I would be grateful for any advice.

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HLsands14 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the services provided on your email. For clarity, how are you attempting to access the email? Is it via the Virgin Media Web Mail, or through an app such as iOS Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?

Do you seen any error messages, or are the buttons just unclickable?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hello Recce, 

Apologies for the late reply, it does not work when I go via Virgin media web mail. However, when going on via iOS the only button that works is Send, so I can send mail but all the other buttons don't work. 

HLsands14

Thanks for coming back to us HLsands14, are you able to provide a screenshot of this happening?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Stven_L 

The first screenshot is using iOS, the second is using Virgin media web mail. 

Kind regards

HLsands14

IMG_E1555.JPGIMG_E1556.JPG

Hi @HLsands14 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

On the iPhone, what other buttons aren't working please? Is the phone's software upto date as well? Settings - General - Software. 

On Webmail, can you send us a photo/video of what happens when you try and forward an email?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John_GS,

Thanks for getting back to me. The phone's software is the latest version, and on the iPhone all buttons work. 

On webmail (shown in the photo below), I cannot forward any emails as the button to do so is greyed out, along with the reply and delete buttons. When I click on the compose button nothing seems to happen, however that lights up red.

IMG_E1556.JPG

Kind regards 

HLsands14

Thanks for this @HLsands14 

Do you get the same issues when trying to reply or forward on another device at all, or does this only happen on the IOS device? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HLsands14,

Is the issue being experienced the same as that detailed here, Webmail malfunctioning due to missing account data - Virgin Media Community - 5361225? Regrettably if it is then that issue remains unresolved a month on from when first reported. As a temporary workaround use an email client, like Thunderbird, with the account until issue is resoled.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks