1) I am a Virgin Media customer (Broadband, TV and Phone)
2) Have been a virgin.net customer since late 90s, i.e. over 20 years
3) Have been unable to access my mailbox since 16th March 2020
4) Have contacted Virgin Media several times by phone who have been unable to help
5) Today they said that somehow, my mailbox belongs to TalkTalk, but when I check with TalkTalk they say it belongs to Virgin Media
6) I did not receive any notification that access to the mailbox would be removed
7) I previously set up a forwarded service on my virgin.net mailbox and was able to send an email to it today and it was forwarded to my Yahoo email. So, I know my virgin.net mailbox is still functioning, but I simply can't access it from Virgin Media anymore
😎 I've read the thread "Closure of former-customer email accounts" that seems to apply to form customers, but I'm an existing customer
9) I've change the password on the mailbox and retried, but that didn't work either
10) Error message when I try to access my virgin.net mailbox:
Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.
If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111from any other phone and select option 2.For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.
Under my main account / "My Profile" / "My services" section, by virgin.net mailbox is not there, but there appears to be an automatically generated mailbox with my initials and a long number has been set up
I have second account set up for my wife and in her "My Profile" / "My Services" her virgin.net mailbox is there. She can't access her mailbox either. All of our son's School emails goes there and we've missed a number of them
Any help would be great as we're desperate to get this sorted
The Virginmedia Forum Team are the best people to help you sort this out. They are, understandably, working with reduced resources currently, but I'm sure they will contact you via this community as soon as they can.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks