Menu
DomoForum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Closure of long customer email accounts

1) I am a Virgin Media customer (Broadband, TV and Phone)

2) Have been a virgin.net customer since late 90s, i.e. over 20 years

3) Have been unable to access my mailbox since 16th March 2020

4) Have contacted Virgin Media several times by phone who have been unable to help

5) Today they said that somehow, my mailbox belongs to TalkTalk, but when I check with TalkTalk they say it belongs to Virgin Media

6) I did not receive any notification that access to the mailbox would be removed

7) I previously set up a forwarded service on my virgin.net mailbox and was able to send an email to it today and it was forwarded to my Yahoo email. So, I know my virgin.net mailbox is still functioning, but I simply can't access it from Virgin Media anymore

😎 I've read the thread "Closure of former-customer email accounts" that seems to apply to form customers, but I'm an existing customer

9) I've change the password on the mailbox and retried, but that didn't work either

10) Error message when I try to access my virgin.net mailbox:

Sorry!

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of long customer email accounts

Ignore the Talk Talk suggestion, that is a nonsense frequently peddled to put you off the scent.

When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary user account details can you see the virgin.net email under either the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs?

If not then it isn't connected to your account and that could well be the issue.

The Forum Team will be able to advise further when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DomoForum
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back on this so fast Graham_A

Under my main account / "My Profile" / "My services" section, by virgin.net mailbox is not there, but there appears to be an automatically generated mailbox with my initials and a long number has been set up

I have second account set up for my wife and in her "My Profile" / "My Services" her virgin.net mailbox is there. She can't access her mailbox either. All of our son's School emails goes there and we've missed a number of them

Any help would be great as we're desperate to get this sorted

Dominic

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Virginmedia Forum Team are the best people to help you sort this out.  They are, understandably, working with reduced resources currently, but I'm sure they will contact you via this community as soon as they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having DomoForum.

I will need to send you a private message, so that we can pass account security and take the details needed to resolve the issue.

I will send the private message over in a few moments.

Regards

Steven_L

DomoForum
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Seems I was sent an update, but now can't find it

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi DomoForum,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues accessing your emails. Have you been able to find the update? 

Cheers,

Corey C

DomoForum
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey_C,

No.  There was no update. 

Guess the IT Support Team are otherwise engaged and still not able to deal with this issue

Dominic

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK DomoForum,

I'll be sending you a PM shortly so that I can collect your account details and send them over to IT for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

DomoForum
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey_C,

This was all supplied to Steven_L previously

He already created a ticket for IT. 

Do you know if it's gone and a new one is required?

Thanks again,

Dominic

0 Kudos