Menu
sclark6bas
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Closure of former-customer email accounts

My account appears to be closed with no warnings received! When I try and log in I just get an unavailable message. Spent 90 minutes on the phone with no success. we forward the ntl.world e-mails to another e-mail from mobile phone, so the ntl address is still live but cannot access 20 years worth of contacts & old e-mails

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

Hi there @sclark6bas 

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to access your emails. 

Can you clarify - do you still have broadband services with us? If not this would be why the account has been closed I'm afraid. If it has been deleted as you are no longer a customer you will not be able to access the inbox any longer. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You should have been given 90days to download your emails and contacts after you left
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It is more likely the account has been locked for security reasons. @sclark6bas needs to respond to the VM Forum Team questions already asked so that the exact situation can be checked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi sclark6bas

Please can you confirm whether or not you're still a customer of ours with a live broadband account?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
sclark6bas
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We have stopped our broadband & home phone (after 20+ years). But we aer still Virgin mobile customers, we were not told about the 90 days

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

then that why you are not able to access.
It was always part of the T&C that your account would be deleted when you left.
It should of been deleted 90 days after you left so you have been getting a free service for almost 20 years.

If you are not a broadband customer you will not be able to regain access to the account.
If the emails were forwarding to another account you should have the emails on that account still
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

As you don't have a broadband account then I am afraid that the email address will be closed, the T&C are quite clear regarding the 90 days after the account is closed. See https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services section D6 states "Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi sclark6bas

I am sorry you've lost access to your email address. @Anonymous and @DJ_Shadow1966 have advised you correctly.  Can you confirm it's more than 90 days since your broadband account ceased?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
sclark6bas
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

WE were customers for 20+ years we didn't leave 20 years ago

0 Kudos