Menu
MartinGWilson
Tuning in
Message 51 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

Thanks Graham, I understand what you are saying and if VM offered decent support I may have got to this stage 4 days ago but as I am finally in a conversation with someone that appears to offer assistance, even if it doesn't work, I am reluctant to start again. Thanks for your input
0 Kudos
MartinGWilson
Tuning in
Message 52 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinGW 

Message from Gondola on TalkTalk

Following my link to the Virgin Media Community, I see you're in touch with Chris_W1 of the Virgin Media Community team and that your mailbox address is still present on the Virgin Mail (ukmail) server. 

Good luck.

If this is the case, is it possible to allow temporary access to download recent e-mails and contacts ?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 53 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MartinGWilson

If you are no longer a customer with us, we will not be able to retrieve any emails or allow any access to download contacts - I am sorry

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MartinGWilson
Tuning in
Message 54 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Is that because it is gone or is access blocked ? If the address no longer exists, why aren't emails being bounced so clients are aware that the address is no longer available ? When testing the address I am informed that it is a valid address ! All very frustrating.
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 55 of 116
Flag for a moderator

it will be in the process of being deleted. all staff can do is make sure its fully deleted from the system
0 Kudos
RanCorX2
Tuning in
Message 56 of 116
Flag for a moderator

hi, we switched from virgin to a different isp last october yet our email accounts are still active, we were told they would be deleted in 90 days, well it's well past that now and they are still there.

how do we get virgin to delete / close them? as our account is no longer active.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 57 of 116
Flag for a moderator

starty your own thread request it be deleted and staff will get it actioned
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 58 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi RanCorX2,

Thanks for your thread, we would usually prefer you to start your ow thread but I'll pick this up in this circumstance.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll seek to action this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
RanCorX2
Tuning in
Message 59 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have provided the requested info.
0 Kudos
Scamp0924
Joining in
Message 60 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am no longer a virgin customer and understood email addresses were deleted 90 days after leaving. It has been 7 months since I left and my email has not been deleted and has now been hacked. I can no longer access the address via myvirginmedia as I am not a customer so I cant change the password. How can I get the email address deleted.

0 Kudos