Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 51 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

Thanks Graham, I understand what you are saying and if VM offered decent support I may have got to this stage 4 days ago but as I am finally in a conversation with someone that appears to offer assistance, even if it doesn't work, I am reluctant to start again. Thanks for your input
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 52 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinGW 

Message from Gondola on TalkTalk

Following my link to the Virgin Media Community, I see you're in touch with Chris_W1 of the Virgin Media Community team and that your mailbox address is still present on the Virgin Mail (ukmail) server. 

Good luck.

If this is the case, is it possible to allow temporary access to download recent e-mails and contacts ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 53 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MartinGWilson

If you are no longer a customer with us, we will not be able to retrieve any emails or allow any access to download contacts - I am sorry

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 54 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Is that because it is gone or is access blocked ? If the address no longer exists, why aren't emails being bounced so clients are aware that the address is no longer available ? When testing the address I am informed that it is a valid address ! All very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 55 of 55
Flag for a moderator

it will be in the process of being deleted. all staff can do is make sure its fully deleted from the system

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos