Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 41 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

@Krazykaz wrote:

Can somebody help me please,my elderly dad had a virgin account and has recently changed to sky and can’t access his email address he had,their are some important emails on there that he needs to access can somebody help me please,I’m trying to set up shopping for them as they are under the very vulnerable bracket and can’t leave the house,if anybody can help please..

Is he within 90 days of leaving Virgin Media? If so the old email account should still be accessible, although you might need to use an email client such as Thunderbird to access it if you cannot get in via VM webmail.

Going forward you need to set up a new email account for him to use, preferably one not linked to an ISP such as Gmail or MS Outlook.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 42 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I wish they had closed my old account. It’s now been hacked and because I’m not a customer anymore I can’t log in to close or change the password. No one can help if you phone, there’s no one to e-mail or contact. The hackers are causing a lot of stress and problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 43 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@MLCPew wrote:

I wish they had closed my old account. It’s now been hacked and because I’m not a customer anymore I can’t log in to close or change the password. No one can help if you phone, there’s no one to e-mail or contact.

The Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange to have the account deleted for you. One of them will hopefully pick up on your post and contact you to get the necessary information from you by Private Message.

However, you would have made it easier for them if you had started your own thread simply stating that you wanted to get the account deleted. 😉

Once you are advised that the account has been deleted check here to make sure it has been totally eradicated https://mailtester.com 

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 44 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@coenoby wrote:

@MLCPew wrote:

I wish they had closed my old account. It’s now been hacked and because I’m not a customer anymore I can’t log in to close or change the password. No one can help if you phone, there’s no one to e-mail or contact.

The Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange to have the account deleted for you. One of them will hopefully pick up on your post and contact you to get the necessary information from you by Private Message.

However, you would have made it easier for them if you had started your own thread simply stating that you wanted to get the account deleted. 😉

Once you are advised that the account has been deleted check here to make sure it has been totally eradicated https://mailtester.com 

Coenoby

This has been dealt with in MLCPew's other thread on the issue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 45 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee. Same happened to me on the 7th May. I understand that Virgin cannot run a free service indefinitely but I have no memory of a warning e-mail. Is it possible to temporarily reopen the account for a day or two so that I can download the contacts list and recent messages. The e-mail have been crucial to my business and many recent e-mails are not available anywhere else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 46 of 55
Flag for a moderator

HI MartinGWilson, once the email account has been deleted we would not be able to get it back ^Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 47 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Understood but if deleted why does it still show as a validated email address. More to the point why are they not bouncing as my clients will think their communication is ignored. The least you could do is set up a "Closed email notice" for 3 months
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Can you check the email here to see if it is still valid. ^Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 49 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I would recommend starting a new thread, explaining exactly what issues you are having accessing the email account concerned.

There are a number of reasons why an email account may not be available.  If your account fell under the subject for which this thread was created you would have received a series of notification emails.  So the fact that you didn't suggests a different fault.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 50 of 55
Flag for a moderator

The e-mail address is showing as valid on your check so maybe it is still there and only the access is the issue
0 Kudos