Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

Please can you help me too! I'm in the exact same position with a virgin.net account. I have spent HOURS hanging onto the virgin phone line and got precisely NOWHERE. I am very anxious as I have 20 years of email addresses and contacts that I now must port onto my new email. And inform everyone that I am doing so. Please help me! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 22 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I Think I'm in the same position had the virgin.net address for 20 years, today i'm getting a message saying it's inactive but it will let me change password.

I'm waiting on some invoices and a hospital appointment all being emailed to my virgin.net account

I've tried contacting virgin but to no avail

Can somebody please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 55
Flag for a moderator

To Mick and Rosie and anyone else in the same position - Virgin Media do not care and will not help you - I speak from experience.  If you send a message to any of the staff asking for help, the reply will be that they don't provide direct support.  The only instance of anyone being helped that I have seen on this forum is Lee_R helping someone earlier in this thread and he got told off, sorry "fed back", for doing so.  The concepts of compassion and empathy are completely alien to Virgin Media. 

You will have to contact everyone you can think of to let them know you have a new email address.  When you do, I'd suggest you let them know how you have been treated so that they can decide whether they want to do business with Virgin Media in the future.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 55
Flag for a moderator

you are not doing business with virgin media if you are not a customer.

Wanting them to pay for things so you can have them for free is not good business sense and it was all agreed to by you in the T&C no one ever read

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 25 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I fear I too am in the same boat, despite still being a Virgin customer, and having had no notification, my email has been unavailable since 17th March, with the "Sorry... not available" message. This has impacted my work and social life with important messages not recieved. I have wasted hours trying to ring through and have had promises that it will be available in an hour when I've got through to the Faults dept on two occasions. 

Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 26 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I would like my virgin.net email account closed down as it just ends up being hacked/spam sending to it. I tried to start this process on a thread a week or so ago, I had some private messages from the virgin team but nothing has happened!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi okapi1000,

Thanks for posting, we understand you would like you email address to be deleted due to spam emails.

Unfortunately at this present time we will be unable to process this request as we are prioritising our most vulnerable customers due to Covid-19

We would suggest using our messaging services on +447533051809 for further help and advice. 

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I just stumbled across this thread, and it's  a bit worrying for me as I have a Blueyonder.co.uk email address that I've been using for 20+ years like many others on this thread.

I've not had any warning emails or anything, but are Virgin Media closing these old email accounts? Why are they doing this if the email addresses are still in use and we are still Virgin Media customers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 29 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@Rodtheplod wrote:

I just stumbled across this thread, and it's  a bit worrying for me as I have a Blueyonder.co.uk email address that I've been using for 20+ years like many others on this thread.

I've not had any warning emails or anything, but are Virgin Media closing these old email accounts? Why are they doing this if the email addresses are still in use and we are still Virgin Media customers?

The key phrase here is 'Former-customer email accounts'.

If you are a current virgin media broadband customer and your blueyonder email address is correctly linked to you current broadband account then there is nothing to worry about.

If your blueyonder email address is not properly linked to your current broadband account, due perhaps to a house move sometime in the last 20 years, then it will be at risk as an 'orphaned account'.

You can check if the address is linked to your account by logging into My Virgin Media with your primary account details and looking under the My Profile and/or Manage Accounts tabs where it should show all the email addresses attached to your account.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham - I saw a post above saying

"...despite still being a Virgin customer, and having had no notification, my email has been unavailable since 17th March...This has impacted my work and social life with important messages not recieved."

So that's what spooked me.

But yes, I am a current Virgin Media broadband customer and my email is correctly linked to my account. So fingers crossed, I should be OK.

0 Kudos