Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

I will certainly look into this for you wl6536

To enable me to help you with this, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi wl6536

I hope you're happy with the steps we've taken to resolve your issue.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Lee_R, could I get it temporarily reinstated too so i can contact people to use a new email address and remove all my saved messages.

Thanks

Marcus

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Lee

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I have had exactly the same happen to my virgin.net email account - unable to access for two days. No warning given from Virgin Media at all. I am still a Virgin Media customer (have been for ten years). If they are going to close the account then fine, but at least I need a chance to obtain old emails and email addresses which I am still working with. I would really appreciate your help (or your colleagues help) with this. Really hope you can reply. 

Thanks

Alan Rattray

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I think this has happened to me too. Absolutely no warning and my ancient but trusty email address cannot be accessed from any device or browser. I use it for everything! It's a disaster! Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @kate-hall

Very sorry that you're having some issues with your email address; are you advising that you are no longer a customer and as such your email has been removed?

When you cease being a customer with us, you also loose the right to use our email services. The email address should be deleted within 90 days of you leaving us however on occasion some accounts are missed. 

We will periodically check any emails that are no longer associated with an active address and delete them. We would not contact you in advance of this. 

I am sorry 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Post 1 says former customers will be contacted before their accounts are closed.  Post 8 is from a Virgin staff member apologising where this did not happen and offering to temporarily reinstate the account.  Post 16 is from another staff member saying that customers won't be contacted and refusing to reinstate the account.  Which is correct and if post 1 is wrong, why was it posted?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 55
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry for any confusion @looo - the initial post was regarding a purge we are doing; however this is not usually done if your email is not being closed due to the purge. 

Accounts will still be closed within 90 days of leaving us and in this situation you will not be contacted. 

We did post to advise it may be possible to re-instate but unfortunately this is not something that is usually possible and should not be offered - this has been fedback. 

Thanks 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your reply. No I am still a customer of virgin, you provide my phone, broadband and tv. I also use the email account every day. I dont know what happened, but I the day it stopped working, I replied "all" to a group of about 6 people in a volunteer group I'm in, and got bounce notifications from two of the addresses. I thought it odd, because the no-one's addresses have changed. It said something about my email not passing their spam filters. I didn't understand but for the discussion in hand it didn't matter too much. Then the next time I tried to check my email, it just wouldn't log in, kept saying check again in a hour.  And it's been like that ever since. Can login on my laptop either via chrome or firefox. can't login on my phone's email app or chrome browser.  

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 55
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT - my account has been closed without warning many years after leaving Virgin.  I'm stuck 12,000 miles from home, unable to get a flight back to the UK and unable to access two of my bank accounts because the account details are in an attachment to an email I can no longer access.  This refusal to help people who are in difficulties because Virgin have failed to give warning is IMO a really poor decision for both compassionate and business reasons, given how many people - and their friends and family - will never buy your products again.

0 Kudos