Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

Hi

I think my old ntlworld account has been compromised how can I have this account removed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lstocker,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd be happy to have this resolved for you. Pleased check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I closed our whole Virginmedia account over three months ago and was told that our email accounts would only remain active for 90 days. True to form Virgin Media have not done what was stated, the addresses remain active and I am still receiving spam mail. How can ensure that Virgin Media delete all old email addresses - mine and my wifes?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Surfinsurveyor,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see that the E-Mail addresses are still active.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help, I've reached out to the team via text but due to the current climate, I haven't had a reply yet so going to reach out here as its getting urgent due to needing info.

I had a @blueyonder.co.uk email address with yourselves (yes most of my life), sadly it was on the account of my mum and her home. This was my main email for all my important items (I should be listed as a person on the account). It seems she has moved away from yourselves without letting me know, and also I have had no notification from yourselves that this was being closed so have had no time to move anything across. At first I thought it was just the service was down.

Sadly due to the current things going on, I need access to it for all my mortgage and life policies for my family. All the numbers are stored on this account that I need to be able to access the account to move it over, and obviously for resetting things to get back into them. I'm really stuck without it, and like I said if I had some notification that it was closing I would have moved it prior.

I only need access for a short time to get everything and move it across and get into the details for current issues, even a couple of days would do the trick. Happy to pay if there is a charge to have the email service for a period, I just need to get my things moved and get my contract info.

I'm just disappointed I didn't get any notice this was happening which the initial post seems to say I should have received, from yourselves by email and also my mother and now in a panic as I need some items in it (for reasons I don't want to mention online).

I have all the account details of the account it was attached too, inc the password for the account to verify identity.

Appreciate any help someone can give me at this time.

Thank You

Richard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Problem with this is the notifcation was part of your mum terms.

The email account was never your it was part of your mum account.

As its no longer attached to an active account VM can not help you and you can't have access.

If if you became a VM broadband customer its been said in the paste by staff that account transfer much be between the same account holder so they can't be transferred

you should contact the companies you need the information from and ask them to send it to a new email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos