Menu
mornalaird1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Closing down NTLWORLD email address

Hi, we are customers, both my husband and I have ntlworld email addresses. Mine has been hacked and I am being bombarded with phishing emails. I would like to close it down but can't find a way to. Can you help please? 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Closing down NTLWORLD email address

I'll try and be brief.

Account management is via My Virginmedia. So long into My Virginmedia (use the link at the top of this page) with the primary email address and password. You will then be able to delete any secondary accounts that are causing issues , but you can never delete the primary email account.  And nor can VM.

If there is a problem with the password and it gets rejected then follow the guidance here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

to regain control and then use My Virginmedia to manage the accounts. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mornalaird1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your help. Do you know if it's possible to switch the primary account to another email? 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No it isn't possible. It's a VM address which runs through VM mail servers. It is only accessible that way, although you can always forward mail that arrives in that account to another non_VM account. Do that via VM's web mail interface. You can always stop using the primary address it for e-mail. Create a fresh secondary address and use that from scratch if you want. You'll always need the primary address to log into My Virginmedia.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
mornalaird1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for you help. I've just notified Virgin Media to cancel my phone / TV / broadband package. I've set up a new email address but i don't want the ntlworld one to be active any more and I guess that's the only way to do it. Appreciate your time. Take care. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that's a complete surprise. You've just set up a new email. I hope not with VM because now that you've cancelled you'll lose any and all VM addresses 90 days after termination. So your worries will be over.  What a strange outcome to a straightforward query about account management. Still it's your prerogative.

0 Kudos
mornalaird1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, new emails are not with virgin media. I'll be glad to get rid of the virgin media ones.  

0 Kudos