cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing an old ntlworld email account

MissyP1
Joining in

Hi, I have an active Virgin account which used to be linked to my ntlworld.com email address. I have managed to change this to another email address but how do I delete my ntlworld.com email address? I receive loads of spam emails some containing unacceptable content so I need to delete it asap.  Thank you 

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MissyP1 wrote:

I have an active Virgin account which used to be linked to my ntlworld.com email address. ...........how do I delete my ntlworld.com email address?

I assume by "Virgin account" you mean a VM broadband account then that means the Ntlworld email account is your "Primary" VM email account.

Unfortunately,it has always been that case that the architecture of the VM system does not allow a primary email account to be deleted. 

However in last 18 months since they stopped issuing new email accounts VM have made several changes to their email service so I hesitate to say with absolute certainty that they cannot delete a Primary email account.

One of the VM Forum Team  (VM staff) will contact you via this thread and they should be able to confirm the situation,

If it is not possible to delete the email account there is a workaround. You could set up a filter rule in the VM webmail account to discard all emails that come into that account.  They would simply be deleted and never get into your account.

On the other hand of course, you could simply stop signing into the Ntlworld  email account and VM will eventually suspend the email account due to inactivity.

Once you get confirmation from VM about your email account just post back if you would like advice on setting up that "discard all incoming messages" filter rule.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thats really helpful thank you, I'll definitely come back to you for assistance depending on what the VM team advise.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MissyP1 

That's great.

One way or another you should be able to get peace of mind regarding that Ntlworld account.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @MissyP1, thank you for your posts. 

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @coenoby 👍

Regards,
Daniel