Menu
lizta
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Closed my email down no warning and still customer

I have been locked out of my email address account and so have all my family so I guess they've closed us down.. we are still customers but now cannot get into our emails so lost holiday bookings, etc. Very annoying. Been on hold an hour so can't even speak to someone. And this will only contact me by email so that's a bit pointless... 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed my email down no warning and still customer

If you are a current VM broadband customer and the email addresses concerned are correctly linked to your broadband account, then they should not have been shut down.  However, what might have happened is the accounts have been locked for security reasons.  If this is the case you should receive a text message informing you, if VM have a valid mobile contact number for you.  Otherwise they send the notification by royal mail.

Post back with an update based on this advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lizta
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham. Unfortunately it is because my email addresses are not currently linked to my account correctly so they have closed them without warning. The lady I spoke to said it was because I haven’t used them for 90 days yet they sent my bill there last week. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if this number is still live, but try the one set out here: 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/2480...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lizta,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the email issue. As the emails are not linked to the active Virgin Media account, this would have been closed. This should have been done within 90 days of the account no longer being linked so apologies for that.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos