cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close old Ntlworld email

charliethack226
Joining in

I’m a VM customer but now use Gmail as primary email. I have a second @ntlworld.com email which I use as an occasional backup. Since last week I can’t access it as the password isn’t recognised. It may have been hacked or just not working. How can I log in to reset the password and / or close the account? The standard way via VM to reset passwords doesn’t appear to work for this scenario. Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you able to access the email address via webmail at all? If so, can you try resetting the password using these steps please:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @charliethack226.

Thanks for your post. Apologies you are having password issues with your email account. We can certainly assist you in getting it back up and running again, we will need to bring you in for a private message. Just look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser, or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina - this email issue isn’t yet resolved- can you advise what is the latest as I’ve been unable to access my NTLWORLD email for several weeks. Has anything happened? Thanks 

Are you able to access the email address via webmail at all? If so, can you try resetting the password using these steps please:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob

Hi thanks - now able to see emails in NTLWORLD via iPhone email, however when opening them they fail to download with an error message saying ‘this message has not been downloaded from the server’. See below photo of an example. Is there anything more I can do? Thanks 

IMG_9929.jpeg

Have any historic emails come through since you got access again? There is work being carried out on this issue at present.

Rob

Thanks for reply - the messages in the email are now reading ok but there are no historic messages in the inbox - nothing earlier than June. The historic sent messages appear ok. 

This is being worked on charliethack226, it is part of a known issue.

Rob