Menu
BobbyT1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Close an old ntlworld email address

Hi,
Can anyone please advise how to close my ntlworld email account?
We were with ntlworld then virgin media customers until 10 years ago when we moved to a non virgin media area

My Ntlworld email address is still live but I’ve began receiving a constant stream of hacking emails and I need it closed down ASAP.

I have asked Virgin Media support and customer services, and stated that after 90 days it should have been deleted. This is not the case and hacking continues!!!

i don’t have any old Ntlworld or virgin media account details, and I don’t know what to do To close it

any help greatly appreciated

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Close an old ntlworld email address

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum staff member, somebody will be along to get this resolved.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobbyT1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear this. I will assist with getting this closed for you. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
BobbyT1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I have been waiting over 6 days to get this email address closed. Martin who was looking after this case is offline all day. The SLA for this email address was 5 days (worst case!). I have received over 4000 subscription emails/containing viruses, 3 blackmail emails, and a attempted purchase.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
BobbyT1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Closing an old ntlworld account email due to hackers

Hi,

I have spent 1 week with this community to close my old ntlworld.com account down due to hacking/blackmail and a attempted purchase. Virgin have a 5 working days SLA to get the account shut down, which means I have now 4000 subscription sent out via this email with a virus attached, no social media, attempted purchase and three threatening emails. The IT ticket has been raised, and now the person I was dealing with is offline....( Martin_N). Can someone just delete my ntlworld.com as an urgent priority. 

This is 6 working days, since I logged the first call. I need this escalated please????

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closing an old ntlworld account email due to hackers

@BobbyT1  I have asked that the staff check the ticket status for you.  They will report back here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post BobbyT1.

It looks like the ticket has been closed as the email address in question been removed from our systems. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
BobbyT1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

The request was to close two email accounts, only one has been removed. My email was done Thursday last week, but my wife was not!

But unfortunately I was told by your staff that we have to wait until yesterday for the other one to be removed. Now you are saying that the IT Ticket is closed........ can you open a new ticket and does this mean I have to wait another 5 working days to get this resolved!!!!!

Can you please help? 

Trev,

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information, I'll get Martin to follow up on this and respond through private message as he did so previously. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
BobbyT1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I have just checked and Martin is still offline. He has been offline since Monday!!!!! I need this account closed as soon as possible. 

This is causing me and my family unnecessary emotional distress I would like this case escalated within the organisation.

0 Kudos