Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Checking to see if a domain is blocked

How can I check if a particular domain https://www.gpsurl.com/index.php  is being blocked as 1 forum I subscribe to I get emails from but this one using the same email address I've had nothing from for 3 weeks?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Checking to see if a domain is blocked

Virgin Media don't block legitimate domains as a rule.  Many email providers are putting measures in place to block mail from non existent domains.  I have seen a number of domains blocked through no actual fault on Virgin Media's part, and Virgin Media and the hosting provider responsible did work together to get to the root of that problem.  Which turned out to be the hosting providers DNS.

You've quoted the Forums website BUT the domain involved is actually just.

gpsurl.com

Assuming the emails come from the bare domain.  www is a subdomain reserved for websites url's

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for clarification but can someone confirm IF this domain gpsurl.com is blocked by virgin or whether they need to contact virgin to resolve this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have my own VPS which is also a mail server.  I've run a test as far as I can, and the domain doesn't appear to show any issues.

The domain doesn't appear to be being blocked.  But the Forum Owner should check their sending logs to see if there are any issues.  I've seen a post today from Walmart which suggests all might not be well with some emails that they are sending, and I rather doubt Virgin Media will be blocking their domain.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for your time Tim. I'm copying this conversation to them to see what they come up with so watch this space

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This morning I've just rec'd an email telling me someone has replied to my query but oddly without mentioning a name plus there is NO reply since Tim replied a week ago which I'd already had notification of.
Secondly, this problem has not gone away (started on 5-Mar) although the site have cleaned/rebooted etc 3 times and I've tried using my virginmediia.com email, my virgin.net email and even my gmail.com email but still no email notifications about new posts/private messages etc from there although other mail is getting through OK from various sources (albeit infrequently which is quite understandable at present)??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can't help with your underlying query, but I can tell you that the forum automatically generates an email seven days after a topic you start gets a response.  That will be the notification you received this morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah, OK Graham, thanks for that insight; however, the first 2 replies posted by Tim I rec'd email notifications on the 26-Mar for both and I've already rec'd notification email of your reply this morning. Strange but no sweat.
thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I run my own email server so what I've done is the following.

Created a profile on gpsurl.com - Initially with my blueyonder.co.uk email address.  Nothing came through to that address so I logged into my account and tried changing the email to an email address on my server. ending ravenstar68.co.uk

I then checked the logs for my mail server and there has been no attempt by gpsurl.com to send me an email - something I would normally expect to see when I changed my email address.  I have started a conversation about Star Trek Picard in the converation section so if you want to reply and we'll see if I get a notification of that through.

Tim

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@davebinman 

Are you able to go into the gpsurl.com forum annd try sending me a PM

You'll recognise my username 😉

Tim