Menu
Phixion
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changing Primary Email Address on My Virginmedia

Hello,

I would like to transfer an email address to another account and make an existing email address the "primary" on an account.

My email login for My Virginmedia is currently my brothers email address. e.g. brothersemail@blueyonder.co.uk

He moved house and now has his own VM account, but he logs in under e.g. brothersemail2@blueyonder.co.uk

He still uses the old address e.g. brothersemail@blueyonder.co.uk

To access my account, I have to enter using his credentials e.g. brothersemail@blueyonder.co.uk.

I would like to make my email address primary, but at the same time I do not want him to lose his email address.

I see there is a section in My Virginmedia profile settings which allows me to change my email login and password.

Username and password

If you'd like to create a new email address, you'll need to create a new account (up to a maximum of 9 extra accounts). This means choosing an additional user name & password

Username
brothersemail@blueyonder.co.uk Change

Password
******** Change

My worry is, if I change this login account, will my brother lose his email address?

What is the correct way to get his email transferred to his VM account, and promote a "secondary" email address to primary on my account?

I tried to clear this up over the phone a few times and was told the change had been made, but my brothers email address never received a confirmation.

Sorry for the long winded post.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing Primary Email Address on My Virginmedia

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your post Phixion!

If you have access to the self-care account you can change the E-Mail address you use to log into the self-care account. However the Primary E-Mail address will always be the primary E-Mail address on the media account and cannot be changed.

If you simply change the username to make a secondary E-Mail address as the username, your Brother won't lose access to his - the primary, E-Mail account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Phixion
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Primary Email Address on My Virginmedia

Great, thank you!

0 Kudos