cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Email Address

Honor1
Joining in

Hi

I am still using an Ntlworld Email address ? I am moving and Virgin are not available in the area

How do I set up an Out of Office reply please so I can add my new email address details

or 

Automatic Reply options

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the ntlworld email address(es) are linked to the broadband account about to be terminated then options are:

• use the 90 days grace period Virgin Media provide before permanent deletion of the email address to manage it via an email client
  • sign into webmail and select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email and edit Holiday Notice and/or Auto Forward

Personal preference would be the former as it provides more control.

However if it is not linked then it could be deleted at anytime or become inaccessible should any event triggering lockout occur, i.e. suspicious activity.

After the 90 day grace period lapses do make sure to check that Virgin Media has deleted it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Honor1

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thanks for making your first post regarding setting up an out of office reply, I'm sorry to hear we can't bring our services to your new home. That is a shame.

To set up an out of office reply:

- Sign in to your NTL email account

- Select the three bar menu

- Go to 'Settings'

- Go to 'Email'

- Go to 'Holiday Notice' or 'Auto Forward'

If you experience any further issues, please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks it is linked so have 90 days, so Holiday notice is recommended ? Thanks

Thank you so much which do you recommend Holiday notice or auto reply please ? thanks

Hello Honor1

Personally I would go for Auto reply 

That way it will stay active until the email account gets disabled 

Gareth_L