cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my password yesterday, email account remains not visible

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

Yesterday I phoned about changing the password to My Virgin Media account to that an email account that's been blocked. I have logged in okay yet still cannot see that account that starts with May. I was informed that once the password was changed the account would be visible to change that password, but it remains hidden from view

When will I regain access to this account as I have emails that need replying?

Kind regards,

Morrile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Like I said, it's irrelevant as the email is assigned to my account, now accessible via webmail and Outlook. 

After calling 150 I discovered that I was not instructed to check via webmail first, to confirm I have access. I was just waiting to see the account listed with all my other accounts. Support claims it will then become visible within accounts later today.

Morrile

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked this?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Totally irrelevant in my case, been with VM since the days of Blueyonder

Actually not irrelevant at all, although it certainly is a requirement to be a current VM broadband customer, that in itself isn't quite enough. The email address in question needs to be associated with that account - the fact that you can't see it (and forget about the frankly rubbish advice that it would mysteriously appear once the password was changed), would indicate that this was not done and hence it is an orphaned account.

As an orphaned account it would be prone to being disabled and deleted at any point.

In the past, have you ever logged into the my.virginmedia.com portal and checked that the address was listed under the manage accounts section, or have you assumed that it has because it has always worked?

I'm not sure now if it is possible to associate and orphaned email address with a live BB account retrospectively, I will escalate this thread to the forum team so they can check details with you and see what the status of it is - but I must warn you that if the address has never been associated with your account, there is now a reasonable chance that it has been deleted during a periodic cleanup operation.

John

Like I said, it's irrelevant as the email is assigned to my account, now accessible via webmail and Outlook. 

After calling 150 I discovered that I was not instructed to check via webmail first, to confirm I have access. I was just waiting to see the account listed with all my other accounts. Support claims it will then become visible within accounts later today.

Morrile

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Check that it is. Until it is shown there you are at risk of losing it.  Just having access at the moment is not the same. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@Morrile wrote:

And you know that how exactly? Just because it happens to be working now means absolutely nothing!

Snip...

Support claims it will then become visible within accounts later today.

And you believe that? Fair enough, I certainly wouldn't!

Morrile