Menu
jockb01
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Change password

Hiya

Was a virgin media customer for over 20 years. Moved to Cornwall 2 years ago - no virgin media service.  I am still virgin mobile customer and kept my @blueyonder email address.

Hackers have got into my Ebay account.  Having no Virginmedia account any longer, I can't change my password for the email. As it's one I've had for over 20 years, can I change my password somehow?

Regards John

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change password

@jockb01 wrote:

can I change my password somehow?

As you are no longer a VM broadband customer, the only option that you have is to try the "Forgotten your password word" link from here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

You will be asked to enter the answer to your security question and you may find that you need to enter that in UPPERCASE.

However, as you are no longer a VM broadband customer your email account may be in the course of being deleted. Once you ended your broadband contract with VM they should have deleted the address after 90 days. However, these old accounts often live on for years before VM get round to deleting them.

Regrettably, being a VM Mobile customer does not entitle you to continued use of your blueyonder email account. Even if you regain access to the account you need to set up a new email account. preferably not linked to your  Internet Service Provider.

Sorry, I know that is not the news you were hoping for.  😮

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer