Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change password on ntlworld account

Hi

My email has been hacked and I need to change the password. I can't do this in myvirginmedia because I've changed from a VM personal to a new VM business account.

Can anyone advise on how I change the password, please?

Thanks

M x

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change password on ntlworld account

intresting problem. I'm not sure you can move email addresses between personal and business accounts.

Will need to wait for a VM staff member to comment on this one and confirm.

If you can't all the staff are likely to be able to do is close the account as it should of closed 90 days after you close the account
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mildredroper

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the email being hacked. Is this email linked to your VM residential account or business as I could only find a business account from the forum details provided and we only deal with residential here. 

If it's business, please if you have Twitter, tweet them @vmbusinesshelp

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

I had a Virgin Media residential account for years with the ntlworld.com email (from VM taking over NTL). So I think it's attached to the residential account.

I changed to a business account in July 2020.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks. 

I'm not sure about being able to move it over to the business account but I can certainly help with the reset of the account if it's attached to residential still.

I'll PM you now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AFAIK Virgin business does not offer email accounts. It is a carrier service only., ie just internet access. In which case if you are no longer a residential customer VM will have to remove access completely to your former residential email account. It can't be reactivated or carried across.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos