Menu
DavidWhe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change my email address

Hi - I'm getting so much spam now on my old Blueyonder email address and would like to delete it completely. It is my primary email address so how do I go about changing to a new virgin media address, please? Any help greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change my email address

Unfortunately you cannot change or delete the primary email address.

You could create a secondary account and use that for all your email needs and restrict the blueyonder one to just the username for checking your VM account.

You could also consider setting up a new email account with a provider not tied to your internet service.  This would save you hassle should you ever leave Virgin media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The answer is both simple and complicated. I'll keep it simple in all the circumstances, so you just do what you say you want to do.

You cannot change your primary e-mail address. You cannot delete your primary e-mail address. You will always need that address to log into MY Virginmedia.

You can create a new e-mail address (up to eight of them) and use that instead. It will be a secondary address:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address

You'll then log into VM web mail using your new address and password which will work fine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stjamespark
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This does not help in the slightest!

I suspect the OP, like me is being deluged by several/lots of emails a day at their default address (claiming to come from McAfee and/or Norton).

Creating a secondary address does not stop the spammer and the primary VM address must be kept available for Virgin Media to contact us.

Since the spammer keeps changing their address email client spam filters do not work either.. 

I have a Gmail address and my primary address is on my domain host, both of whom BTW have perfectly good spam filters.

It seems the only way to prevent the annoyance is to remove my virgin address from my email clients on desktop, tablet and mobile and if you need to get in touch with me, you will have to telephone, text or turn up at my front door.

0 Kudos