Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Certificate not trusted

If you have a look at the link provided by BenMcr - there's advice on how to export the Avast certificate so it can be imported into your mail program.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
DavidGoodrum
Joining in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, my version of Avast does not seem to have the menu which the URL you give points to.

I have found the closest part of the menu system, but there is no facility for exporting a certificate.

The obvious expedient is to tell Thunderbird that the suspect certificate (which is indeed from Avast) is in fact OK:
that is, make it an exception.

Is this wise?

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

FWIW, I had endless problems with Avast a while ago, which I reported on this forum. All of the problems went away after I ditched Avast in favour of Avira.

Ditching Avast was an ordeal - it was insidious and needed a rummage around in the registry to fully release it's grip on the system, regular uninstall routines didn't cut it.

Not a single problem with Avira.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
Lurking....
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos