Menu
pentode
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Capcha's when logging in to Email

I'm always getting capchas when logging in to my Email - never had use to do. Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks, Dave

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capcha's when logging in to Email

Tends to be triggered if you frequently sign out and the back in again, especially if accessing several different accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pentode
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've had it 2 day's running now, I only have the one account.... so it will  just go away. Thanks.

Dave

0 Kudos
pentode
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still same..... not gone away.

This was reported to VM via on-line form... as usual no help from them at all.

Dave

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@pentode wrote:

I'm always getting capchas when logging in to my Email - never had use to do. Is there anything I can do about it?

It is really strange. I cannot remember the last time I had to take the Captcha challenge. As a check I have just spent 5 minutes logging in to and out of my VM email accounts as fast as I could and I did not trigger Captcha once. 🤔

It might be useful to know a bit more about your setup. For example, do you always use a VPN?

On the other hand, at least one other VM email user has reported the same issue recently, https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Is-Captcha-Back/m-p/4313504#M197602 so it would suggest that something has changed.

Could it be linked to the recent changes that included the new sign in page? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/virginmedia-signin-page/m-p/4283680 

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos