Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant't reply to emails 'spam content' when a legitimate link is in text

@chelseadave wrote:

Hi did you manage to sort your problem out? I have the same problem now. Cheers

Welcome to the community (again).  Even if a problem seems the same, it is the normal practice in the is forum to start your own thread.  Knowing if someone else has had a problem solved won't solve yours, believe me.

You need to describe your situation, giving the exact error message.  Don't post personal details, of course.  Tell us anything you've tried already, and what devices/programmes you are using if relevant.

Then your problem will get individual attention, when solved you can mark it as solved, and everyone else in this thread won't get notifications that it is activated again.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chelseadave,

This issue is likely down to something in the body of the email that is tripping the spam filter. It could be a hyperlink or a certain phrase. Attachments can also trip the spam filter.

Can you break down the email and send test emails paragraph by paragraph with and without an attachment if there is one. Hyperlinks in the email can also trip the spam filter. This should narrow down what is tripping the spam filter and produce the culprit. It is likely that emails from this address has been marked as spam by a recipient at some point. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well the Virgin technical people could not solve the problem, actually bloody clueless when I contacted them and I have not seen any resolution on here and I have EXACTLY the same message and problem. I have just signed up with gmail because nothing should be this difficult.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@chelseadave wrote:

Well the Virgin technical people could not solve the problem, actually bloody clueless when I contacted them and I have not seen any resolution on here and I have EXACTLY the same message and problem. I have just signed up with gmail because nothing should be this difficult.

Hello!  You are certainly right that gmail might be the way to go.  But you have not actually tried to use this forum yet.  Why don't you start a new thread with your unique error message.  You can't possibly have the EXACT same message, as both the people who gave an error message in this thread used a different code.  The OP said in January there was a problem with mandycanudigit, and the person in July said the problem was with villagespiritcollective.  Let us know which is closest to your problem?

On top of that, the long string of characters uniquely identifies the details of the message that is going wrong, so that the forum staff can assist.  But you have ignored my advice, and continue to complain and post all over the board, which just makes things messy and involves people who may not be interested.

Please let us help, but do it the correct way!  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

this has just started to happen to me, I have just tried replying to a suppliers email and it won't let me and gives the same error as above. I can reply without quoting their email but that is not helpful 

0 Kudos