Menu
Biffobear50
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Cant send emails

Incoming emails are fine but all outgoing are returned with the message cannot connect to server.  I have changed no settings. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant send emails

Check that you’re using smtp.virginmedia.com.
If you’re using Windows Mail app then this is slightly different - smtp.virginmedia.com:465:1

Do you run any third party antivirus which may have an email scanning function? If so disable this & try receiving email again.
Do you run any adblock software &/or VPN which may be preventing access?

0 Kudos
Biffobear50
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes the settings are correct and i cant send from phone or tablet so its not something I'm running . 

I have just logged into emails on my virgin media and managed to send emails off tablet.

I am wondering if somehow the outgoing password has changed on one and synched to the other . I cant find anywhere i can change the password to check though .

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Biffobear50 wrote:

Yes the settings are correct and i cant send from phone or tablet so its not something I'm running . 

I have just logged into emails on my virgin media and managed to send emails off tablet.

I am wondering if somehow the outgoing password has changed on one and synched to the other . I cant find anywhere i can change the password to check though .

The password change route is:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Biffobear50
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I dont have the password option ?

Spent ages earlier and again now ...strange .

I would ring virgin but ive lost the will im afraid

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

That suggests you may not be a current VM broadband customer, or, if you are that your email address isn't allocated to your current account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Biffobear50
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Neither im afraid . I have nothing but problems with the service . I kept having problems with email account and my virgin media ...passwords not allowing me in .

I permanently have broadband dropping out and needing a restart. 

Now i cant even contact them to cancel my account now i am 2 years out of contract. 

They always resolve issues when i ring but just getting fed up now .

I even used webchat about the broadband issue and they just disappear when getting nowhere. 

Time for a change ..thanks for your help .

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biffobear50

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issues. Have you been able to send emails since posting? Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Biffobear50
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just tried...still cant send .

Receiving as normal 

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me and apologies it's not sorted. 

Is this happening over webmail, 3rd party client email or both? 3rd party client could be for example the email app on your smartphone

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos