Menu
PAZZ106
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cant send email from phone over wifi

I got a new desktop computer on Monday and set it up and all seemed to work ok.

I then noticed in the following days that when I try to send emails from my phone it always fails but works when I switch Wi-Fi off. This is the same for my wife and her phone so implies that it is something to do with the Wi-Fi settings. I have run anti virus and malware on computer and phones and nothing has been found.

If anyone knows what can sort this I would be very grateful

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant send email from phone over wifi

Using the Wi-Fi can you carry out a speed test at >> speedtest.net << from one of the phones please.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
PAZZ106
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

184 mbps

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What make and model are the phones ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
PAZZ106
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Both Samsung S6. Both worked fine with same hub on previous computer

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Are they using the computer to send the emails onward ?

Try with the PC switched OFF.

0 Kudos
PAZZ106
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

makes no difference computer on or off

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Are they virgin media email addresses? If so do the email you are trying to send have anything written in the subject?

If it is a virgin email address and there is nothing written in the subject line could you attempt to send an email with something written in the subject 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PAZZ106
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

They are NTLWORLD emails. There is txt in body and subject. Says sending failed 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Using Wi-Fi what happens when you go to the email online app and try from there ?

0 Kudos