Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant see Sent emails

Hi, I've sent quite a few emails via my iPad. When I go to my sent folder on there I can see them. When I go to my sent folder via Virgin desktop email, they don't appear. they used to show OK, but the last sent emails visible there are from Sunday 25 October and no later.

I use that desktop view of emails to move sent and others into folders. If I move them using ipad email, the email might move, but it's contents often don't and all you get is a blank email in a folder.. So i could do with getting a way to find them for filing when necessary.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant see Sent emails

Consider trying the following:

• go to Settings > Mail > Accounts
  • select the account listed under Accounts
  • select the account under IMAP
  • select Advanced
  • select Sent Mailbox listed under Mailbox Behaviours
  • select Sent listed under On the server
  • confirm the change by selecting < Account and then  Done

FYI: in Mail the locally stored sent emails will appear under the All Inboxes folder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I can see sent emails in the sent folder on my iPad email. I did toggle the settings indicated anyway, but nothing has changed. An occasional sent email makes it to the sent folder when I look at the account via a desktop. Its very odd.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That is strange. I am not aware of other options that adjust where sent message are stored; locally on device or remotely on server.

0 Kudos